Day 1 | Arrive in Auckland | Hotel: The Boatshed
- On arrival at Auckland International Airport, you will be met and transferred to the Ferry Terminal. You will sail across to Waiheke Island meeting a representative from The Boatshed upon arrival.
Day 2 | Waiheke Island | Hotel: The Boatshed
- Today you will enjoy a full day touring of the island with a private car and driver.
- See the island from a different perspective as you zip-line over the forested area.
- Lunch will be at a local vineyard.
- Following a demonstration and lesson, climb onto your horse to discover the top of the ridge past the Maori Pa site, Circular Bay, Whales Bay and Sandy Bay to the end of the Peninsula.
Day 3 | Waiheke Island | Hotel: The Boatshed
- In the morning, you’ll be transferred to Waiheke Island Ferry Terminal for your onward sailing. At Auckland Ferry Terminal, you will pick up your 4×4 vehicle.
- Once collected you’ll have a 3.5 hour scenic drive to The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs.
- You can take your drive at leisure, stopping for pictures en-route, as your afternoon is at leisure.
Day 4 | Matauri Bay, Bay of Islands| Hotel: The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs
- Climb abroad your private helicopter for a full day excursion to Cape Reinga, the most northern tip of New Zealand.
- Soar over bush clad hills, Whargaroa Harbour and Doubtless Bay. Your first stop is Cape Reinga Lighthouse, which has views of the Tasman Sea. Continue to Tapotupotu Bay for a morning tea and quick dip in the waters. Re-board your helicopter for a spectacular journey over white sands beaches before landing for a 1.5 hour guided quad bike tour.
Day 5 | Matauri Bay, Bay of Islands| Hotel: The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs
- Today, take a private sailing excursion exploring the stunning Bay of Islands. Finding sheltered beaches, you can swim and kayak in the azure waters whilst the crew prepares a kiwi BBQ lunch.
Day 6 | Taupo| Hotel: Huka Lodge
- Drive to Kerikeri Airport to return your rental vehicle before you’re onward flight to Taupo.
- Collect a new vehicle on arrival to Taupo for a short journey to your accommodation.
- A thrilling jetboat ride will have you screaming with delight, as you take to the river and experience a 360 degree spin.
Day 7 | Taupo| Hotel: Huka Lodge
- Enjoy a self-guided walk and boat cruise at Waimangu Volcanic Valley. Walk through the volcanic and geothermal pools in Rotorua and discover Frying Pan Lake, the world’s largest hot-water spring.
- Relax on a cruise of Lake Rotomahana, a protected refuge for native and exotic birdlife.
- Continue aboard your floatplane to return to land on Lake Rotoiti where you will meet your private 53-foot catamaran.
- Soak in the natural thermal mineral pools located onshore, only accessible by boat.
Day 8 | Hawke’s Bay| Hotel: The Farm at Cape Kidnappers
- Drive 2 hours to Hawke’s Bay from Taupo.
- The remainder of the day is at leisure, but there’s plenty to keep you busy which we can organise for you.
Day 9 | Hawke’s Bay| Hotel: The Farm at Cape Kidnappers
- With a half day cycling excursion, you’ll visit up to 6 fine wineries and enjoy some off-road cycling on the limestone trails.
- Lunch will be organised at one of the top wineries in the local area.
- A car and driver will be close by, if you prefer to be driven between the wineries.
Day 10 | Hawke’s Bay| Hotel: The Farm at Cape Kidnappers
- The treasured native bird of New Zealand, the Kiwi bird, is an endangered bird. In the morning, have an close encounter with these birds in their natural habitat.
- As a fully functioning working sheep and cattle station, you can see how the station works. Join the shepherd as he works with his trained sheep dog, mustering sheep and shearing them *weather permitting.
Day 11 | Wellington | Hotel: Intercontinental
- The drive from Hawke’s Bay to Wellington is approximately 4 hours. The drive passes through stunning scenery.
- Whilst in Wellington, ride the historic cable car from the shops of Lambton Quay to the botanical gardens or pop to Weta Cave to see the amazing models and props from ‘Lord of the Rings’ trilogy.
Day 12 | Blenheim | Hotel: The Marlborough Lodge
- The Te Papa National Museum, provides a fascinating insight into New Zealands rich history and people. Enjoy a private behind the scenes visit with a member of staff from the Museum.
- Return your vehicle as Wellington Ferry Terminal.
- Described as ‘one of the most beautiful ferry rides in the world’ the journey from Wellington to Picton is 3 hours.
- Upon arrival at Picton, collect your new vehicle and drive 30 minutes to Blenheim.
Day 13 | Blenheim | Hotel: The Marlborough Lodge
- Visit the Omaha Aviation Heritage Centre to see Sir Peter Jackson’s personal airplane and memorabilia collection.
- Enjoy a flight abroad the US Army Air Corps 455hp, Boeing Stearman which offers a unique open-cockpit experience. Accommodating 2 passengers side by side.
- Whilst in the region, we’d recommend sampling some of the world’s best Sauvignon Blanc in dozens of cellars and vineyards.
Day 14 | Kaikoura | Hotel: Hapuku Lodge
- Drive south of Kaikoura. The journey is approximately 2.5 hours.
Day 15 | Kaikoura | Hotel: Hapuku Lodge
- Enjoy a morning dolphin swim cruise, swimming with dusky dolphins in their natural environment. The dolphins inhabit the coastal waters year round, making the region unique in that wild dolphins can be encountered every day *weather permitting.
- Then, head out on a whale watching cruise, where you can spot dolphins, fur seals and sperm whales.
Day 16 | Bank’s Peninsula | Hotel: Annandale
- Drive 4 hours to the Bank’s Peninsula, arriving at Annandale.
Day 17 | Bank’s Peninsula | Hotel: Annandale
- Guided tour of Annandale. Travel over rugged tracks to the more scenic locations on the farm. See the historic woolshed, livestock and understand how the farm operates.
- Private guided kayaking excursions, along the shores of the peninsula.
Day 18 | Queenstown | Hotel: Eichardt’s Private Hotel
- Return your vehicle at Christchurch Airport.
- Fly from Christchurch to Queenstown.
- Remainder of your day is at leisure.
Day 19 | Queenstown | Hotel: Eichardt’s Private Hotel
- Ride the Southern Hemisphere’s steepest cable car in Queenstown. Be carried 450 metres above Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu to the top of Bob’s Peak.
- Next, select your track, and zoom down on the Luge! Not all the way to the bottom, you’ll have 3 rides on the luge before returning to the Cable Car.
- Experience 7km of the river, as you float or paddle down this picturesque stretch. Once you reach Morven Ferry you’ll be transferred back by car.
Day 20 | Glenorchy | Hotel: Blanket Bay
- Board a private helicopter for a scenic flight to the Milford Sound. Fly over the rugged West Coast with its ancient trees and forests, before landing at a remote West Coast beach where you can view seals in their natural colony.
- Land at Blanket Bay, with views of the southern lakes on en-route.
Day 21 | Glenorchy | Hotel: Blanket Bay
- Enjoy an exhilarating jet boat ride on the Dart River.
- Next, board a funyak (three seater inflatable canoe) and paddle downstream exploring the Rockburn Chasm on the way.
- Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch, before returning via the back country roads of Paradise to Glenorchy.
Day 22 | To London |
- You will be met at your accommodation, where your private car and driver will transfer you to Queenstown Airport for your onward flight.