Day 1 | Arrive in Ivalo | Private Villa
- On arrival at Ivalo Airport, you will be met and escorted to your waiting vehicle. The transfer to Utsjoki is approximately 2 hours by road.
- Your villa is located by the River Teno, it’s a standalone property in a secluded and quiet spot. Equipped with 3 bedrooms, living room, dining room and kitchen, this stunning villa also boasts a Finnish sauna.
- Upon arrival you will have an introduction to the Utsjoki region and the Sámi culture. Once settled in, your private chef will cook a welcome dinner.
Day 2 | Utsjoki | Private Villa
- In the morning the chef will have prepared a fresh and wholesome breakfast for you and your family.
- Take to the water, with a guided Kayaking excursion in the valley of the River Teno. Starting upstream the flow of the river will take you towards the Arctic Ocean.
- You will break halfway through on the shore and sit around a small bonfire. Lunch will be organised for during your excursion.
Day 3 | Utsjoki | Private Villa
- After breakfast, you’ll be jumping onto your fatbike as you cycle around the Kaldoaivi National Park. As the largest wilderness area in Finland, the landscape is both rugged and unbroken. There are hundreds of kilometres of mountain-biking trails, ranging from moderate to difficult.
Day 4 |Utsjoki | Private Villa
- Once you’ve had a hearty breakfast, you’ll be heading off into the wilderness. Travelling in a specially built off-road vehicle you’ll be able to access hidden lakes and trails.
- Once you reach the crystal clear lake, it’s time for some fishing. Lunch will be served in a local style made from the fresh wild catch! Keep an eye out as you may come across reindeer, grouses and other wild animals.
Day 5 | Utsjoki | Private Villa
- During today’s fishing excursion, relax and enjoy the picturesque river valley. Close your eyes and listen to the sounds of nature, as your local guide finds the perfect pools for fishing.
- Lunch will be served in a traditional Sámi fállegoahti. Whilst enjoying lunch, you’ll be entertained by your local host as they sing a traditional Sámi song.
- Returning to your villa, it’s time for some foraging. Pick wild berries and mushrooms under the watchful eye of the chef. Next prepare dinner, learning traditional techniques as you create a delicious meal.
Day 6 | Utsjoki | Private Villa
- In the morning, be accompanied on a hike by one of the local reindeer. Learn about this fascinating creature and its relationship with the Sámi people. Explore the changing landscape with your local guide, sticking to the paths or venturing into the wilderness.
- Glide across the shallow waters in a traditional boat. Heading into the Strict Nature Reserve on the River Kevo, be astounded by the breathtaking landscape as your driver navigates the narrow river. Finding the fishing pools, now you can enjoy a spot of salmon fishing.
Day 7 | Varangerfjord | Private Villa
- After breakfast, you will be transferred to Varangerfjord, crossing the border into Norway. The journey is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- The villa has 2 bedrooms, kitchen, dining area and living room as well as a wood burning sauna.
- Upon arrival you will be met by your local host and lunch will be prepared. Expect fresh seafood and traditional delicacies.
- You will then have an introduction to the region by polar circle boat.
Day 8 | Varangerfjord | Private Villa
- A short distance from your villa is Pykeija, a small fishing village. The village is situated along the Varangerfjorden which is a vast bay off the Barents Sea near the border with Russia.
- A traditional lunch will be organised whilst you’re visiting the village. After lunch, it’s time for a bout of deep sea fishing in the Arctic Ocean. Heading out in a Rib boat, the captain will show you the best fishing spots to catch cod, Pollock, catfish and halibut.
Day 9 | Varangerfjord | Private Villa
- Your final fishing excursion will be a king crab safari. Starting early from the beautiful Nesseby fishing village located on the shore of the Arctic Sea. Spend the day gazing out at breathtaking scenery, fishing, and occasionally checking the crab traps. And of course taste the best delicacy the Arctic Sea has to offer!
- When the temperature starts to drop, enjoy a midnight husky safari by wagon. During this program the Sámi husky musher will teach you dog harnessing, tell stories of husky mushing and give you proper instruction how to drive with huskies.
Day 10 | Depart Ivalo
- The sun rises on your final day in Lapland. Your private transfer is waiting, and it’s time to say goodbye to your host and make your way to Ivalo airport for your onward flight.